Many of you may already know the myth: find a 4 leaf clover and you’ll be lucky! Clovers, also known as shamrocks, are a traditional Irish symbol. Keep reading to learn more about the clover for St. Patrick’s Day!
- Clovers usually have 3 leaves, but the more leaves they have, the luckier they are!
- The highest number of leaves found on a clover is 56! This clover was found in Japan by Shigeo Obara in 2009.
- Each leaf represents one of the following: faith, hope, love, and luck
- The 4 leaf clover is an uncommon variant that may have been caused by a mutation or a recessive gene
- There is an estimated 10,000 3 leaf clover for every 4 leaf clover!
- There is a farm that specializes in breeding 4 leaf clovers to use as novelty items (of course, these won’t be as lucky as finding them on your own!)
- If you find a 4 leaf clover, keep it! Give it a good press between a few sheets of paper and frame it
Have you ever found a 4 leaf clover? Let us know in the comments below! We’re still looking!